Renew Your Smile with Dental Implants Treatment
Dr. Howard Golan places and restores state-of-the-art dental implants at our Williston Park, NY, integrative dentistry practice. Offering traditional, mini, same-day, and All-on-4® implants, we perform guided implant surgery and platelet-rich fibrin (PRF) treatment to improve your chances for long-term success. At Golan Family Dentistry, the entire dental implant process is performed under the same roof to maximize your comfort and convenience. If you have experienced tooth loss, dental implants can provide a permanent solution to completing your smile.
What Are Dental Implants?
Made from durable titanium, dental implants are small, screw-like posts surgically inserted into your jawbone to replace tooth roots. As they fuse with your jawbone, they create a strong foundation for customized prosthetic teeth. When tooth loss occurs, your jawbone begins to weaken over time, even with the use of restorative devices such as traditional dental bridges and dentures. Dental implants provide a superior advantage over these restorations, in that they are designed to mimic natural tooth roots. This helps prevent bone loss as well as provide a long-term solution to missing teeth.
We provide guided implant surgery and platelet-rich fibrin (PRF) treatment for optimal dental implant results.
To qualify for this procedure, it is imperative that you have good oral health, sufficient jawbone strength, do not smoke, and are dedicated to following healthy oral hygiene habits to care for your implants. In cases where bone loss has occurred, we can provide bone grafting and a sinus lift to prepare your jawbone for implants. Both of these procedures are conveniently performed at our office.
We provide guided implant surgery and platelet-rich fibrin (PRF) treatment for optimal dental implant results. Guided implant surgery uses 3D computer technology to determine the most accurate implant location. This helps prevents malpositioned implants, which could lead to complications such as loose implants, poor aesthetics, and costly restoration revisions. PRF treatment uses a combination of the patient’s platelets mixed with cytokines (growth factors) to promote quick soft and hard tissue healing. Both techniques can ensure that you achieve a successful outcome and long-term results.
Type of Implants Offered
In addition to offering same-day crowns, which can be used for single tooth restorations, we provide an array of dental implants and implant-supported restorations to improve the aesthetics and function of your smile. During your initial consultation, your doctor will determine which one is best suited for your needs.
- Traditional Dental Implants: These posts measure 4-5 mm in diameter and provide a secure foundation for your restoration. They can be used to replace a single missing tooth or a full arch of teeth. They require at least two surgeries with healing time in between.
- Mini Dental Implants: Smaller in size (2.5 mm in diameter), these implants are ideal for patients who may not qualify for traditional implants, or are looking to avoid bone grafting and more invasive dental implant surgery.
- Same-Day Implants: This type of implant can replace a single missing tooth or multiple missing teeth in less than 24 hours.
- All-on-4® Dental Implants: With our guided implant surgery technique, this procedure allows us to place four implants in the most precise location to secure an implant-supported denture.
Dental Implant Procedural Steps
After your initial consultation is complete and your treatment plan has been established, there are several steps to complete dental implant treatment. Not all types of implants require all the steps below.
- Anesthesia: We offer all types of sedation to make patients as comfortable as possible. If necessary, we will bring in an anesthesiologist to administer and monitor the effects of heavier sedation.
- Dental Implant Placement: Once you are comfortable, the doctor will make small incisions to insert your dental implants. The length of the procedure will depend on the number of implants being placed. After surgery, your doctor will send you home with detailed instructions and schedule follow-up appointments to ensure you have a smooth recovery.
- Osseointregration: This refers to the bone and implant fusing together and is the most crucial step in the process. Recovery generally takes about four to six months and Dr. Golan will monitor you carefully during this time to make sure you are healing adequately.
- Abutment Placement: After you have fully healed, a second surgery will be required to attach the abutments. These small connectors fit directly on top of your implant posts and provide a secure attachment for your restoration. Recovery generally takes about two weeks.
- Restoration Design and Placement: Dr. Golan will take digital impressions of your mouth to use in designing your custom restoration. Once the restoration is completed, he will attach it to your implants and check for a proper fit.
Schedule Your Consultation
Dental implant treatment does require an investment in time, but most patients feel they are worth it for the superior health and functional benefits they provide. If you are interested in learning more about dental implants, contact our practice to schedule your consultation.