Laser Dentistry Can Provide a More Comfortable Dental Experience
Drs. Marshall Golan, Howard Golan, and Jeffrey Etess incorporate laser dentistry extensively into treatment at our Williston Park, NY, practice. This no-shot dentistry approach minimizes patient discomfort and improves recovery time by reducing pain and swelling. The team at Golan Family Dentistry uses seven different types of lasers in the office to perform fillings, root canal therapy, gum contouring, and much more. Dr. Howard Golan has been using laser technology for over 10 years to provide his patients with an overall more comfortable dental experience, and is an international lecturer and teacher throughout North America and Europe on its use.
Since the introduction of lasers into the dental industry in 1994, dentists have used them for both surgical and non-surgical procedures.
What Is Laser Dentistry?
High-powered laser technology uses various wavelengths and quick pulses of light to deliver precise dental treatment compared to traditional methods. Since the introduction of lasers into the dental industry in 1994, dentists have used them for both surgical and non-surgical procedures, such as:
- Dental fillings
- Teeth whitening
- Pain relief
- TMJ disorder treatment
- Gum contouring
- Periodontal therapy
- Root canal therapy
- Dental implants
At Golan Family Dentistry, we can use laser dentistry during most procedures for optimal comfort, reduced swelling, and faster recovery. This approach to dentistry minimizes your need for shots and other types of anesthesia. Our trusted dentists are passionate about combining high-quality technology with integrative dentistry to provide patients with an overall smoother and more comfortable dental experience.
Types of Lasers Provided
With a variety of lasers offered, Dr. Golan is able to tailor your treatment to meet your individual needs.
- Waterlase iPlus™: This particular laser provides doctors the ability to deliver surgical treatments with little to no anesthesia and impeccable precision. Using hydrokinetic technology that combines laser energy, water, and air, it can be used on both soft and hard tissues. Our dentists can use this laser for gum contouring, root canal therapy, dental fillings, and more.
- EPIC™ Diode Laser: This laser provides three therapy modes to whiten teeth, manage pain, and perform soft tissue surgery. Our dentists use this particular laser for professional teeth whitening, TMJ disorder treatment, and periodontal therapy.
- Ezlase™ Diode Laser: This powerful portable laser is used for soft tissue surgery to modify tissues more proficiently with lower power and less heat. The result is a much more comfortable experience.
- Low-Level Laser: This type of laser provides low-level laser therapy (LLLT) to stimulate endorphins, fibroblasts, and osteoblasts in the body. Often used during TMJ disorder treatment, it can eliminate pain, repair soft tissue, promote bone healing, and increase circulation. The benefits include nerve regeneration, faster healing, and reduced pain and swelling.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
Both doctors and patients enjoy laser dentistry for its ability to provide more accurate treatment and results, as well as:
- Improved comfort
- Faster healing
- Reduced swelling, bleeding, and infection
- Minimized need for anesthesia
- Reduced chance for complications during and after treatment
- Reduced cost and need for follow-up visits
Contact Us Today
At Golan Family Dentistry, we enjoy using laser dentistry to provide our patients the best care available. Contact our practice today to schedule your consultation with one of our skilled doctors.